Well that didn’t take long. Anyone who predicted Anthony Cumia — better known as “one-half of Opie & Anthony” or “that guy who got shitcanned by Sirius XM for pathological levels of racism and misogyny” — would simply go away and avoid the limelight was, unfortunately, wrong. Now Cumia is back, having slithered out from whatever rock he was hiding under in order to launch a new Internet-based talk show. And what better way to promote said talk show than to appear on a Memphis-based radio show hosted by the virulently racist and anti-Semitic James Edwards? In an apparent effort to reach out to the demographic most likely to wear sheets as opposed to sleep in them, Cumia made a guest appearance on the August 2nd broadcast of The Political Cesspool, a show which has seen guests the likes of David Duke and whose mission statement includes the following:
- “Above all we are Christians and put our faith in Jesus Christ.”
- “America would not be as prosperous, ruggedly individualistic, and a land of opportunity if the founding stock were not Europeans.”
- “Since family is the foundation of any strong society, we reject feminism, abortion, and primitivism.”
- “We wish to revive the White birthrate above replacement level fertility and beyond to grow the percentage of Whites in the world relative to other races.”
- “Secession is a right of all people and individuals. It was successful in 1776 and this show honors those who tried to make it successful from 1861 – 1865.”
- “We are cultural conservatives because we have certain morals to which we adhere. We reject homosexuality, vulgarity, loveless sex, and masochism.”
Lovely company that Cumia keeps, eh? And it gets better once you hear snippets of the hour long interview between Edwards and Cumia in which the duo rant about — you guessed it — minorities. Here’s a bit courtesy of Media Matters:
When you watch any of the footage of any of the Apollo programs over the years and you look at the control room of mission control, what do you see? Do you see diversity there? Honestly, let’s be honest. You’re seeing white males smoking cigarettes, drinking coffee at the console and putting people on the moon. How is this a horrible thing? How is this something to look at and say, “We need to change this by injecting people that do not pay attention to the laws of this country, do not assimilate to the cultures, do not work and contribute to this nation”? Why is this a good thing to then add these people into the formula to make this a great country? Diversity for the sense of just diversity is not a good thing. And when I talk about race and try to be open and honest about it in this day and age, you’re chastised, you’re looked at as the racist.
I guess calling a black woman who (allegedly) struck him an “animal” and a “cunt” qualifies in Cumia’s mind as “talk[ing] about race and try[ing] to be open and honest about it.” Who knew? Needless to say Edwards was in agreement, exclaiming that “a significant percentage of the black community, let’s just put it that way, have become like a petulant child” and “racist means white person now. If you say anything other than what is approved speech, you are a racist. It means everything, it means nothing.” Cumia responded by saying he would “really want to just hang out with [Edwards] and drink a few beers and talk for a while. We are on the same page, my friend.” Yes, the same page, most likely from Mein Kampf.